"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 14, 2017

pineapple thank you...

Hey!!   Hope your week is going well!  Popping in with a card for a few challenges:  Where Creativity Meets C9 (just ink), Color Throwdown (color combo) and Simon Says Stamp (clean and simple).   When C9 came out with the Pineapple Perfection stamp set I absolutely had to have it.   I'm mean... seriously... how cool is that pineapple???!!  So when I got it last week I was just itching to make something with it.  Enter the new WCMC9 challenge and the Color Throwdown combo and I had my opportunity!   Can I just say that I absolutely love how my pineapple turned out??? I stamped the full pineapple in black ink and then added the crown and leaves with a nice dark green ink (SU!'s Gumball Green).   I then stamped the three flowers in dark blue (SU!'s Night of Navy).  The berries and all the other flowers were done using second generation stamping with the green (berries) and blue (the rest of flowers) inks.   I couldn't cover up that gorgeous pineapple by using the banner die that comes in the matching die set so I stamped the sentiment from the C9 set Brushed Blossom in black slightly over the pineapple.  Once the stamping was done I trimmed down the panel and added a strip of dark blue cardstock.  To finish things off I added some clear sparkling sequins and white baker's twine tied in a bow at the top.  The panel was then adhered to a dark green cardstock base.  Since I'm talking about pineapples right now I thought I would mention that another card I made using the C9 Pop Art Pineapples stamp set is on the cover of the current Stampers Sampler Take Ten!  I was so excited when I opened up my complimentary copy and saw my card on the cover.  You can see the cover over on my side bar or below.











Have a wonderful day!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Night of Navy & Gumball Green; Stamps:  Concord & 9th; Inks:  Stampin Up! and VersaFine; Pretty Pink Posh Sparkly Clear sequins; SU! white baker's twine


9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous floral pineapple card, Rosemary! And big congrats on another well deserved magazine cover!! Just love the trio of pineapples there!

Anita in France said...

So striking and delicious, Rosemary ... you've made that colour combo work so perfectly for this fabulous pineapple! Congratulations on making the cover of Take Ten ... that's such a luscious card! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Hot diggity dog, congrats on being a cover girl again! That is a cool pineapple and your colors rock!!

Greta said...

I just noticed that pineapple stamp set recently & it's the first one I've thought I would love to have--so unique & beautiful which you've shown to perfection, Rosemary! A stunningly beautiful card! You really could be on the staff of Take Ten--hurrah for being a fabulous cover girl!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous take, Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Clean and Simple” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Broni said...

I love the pineapple in these colors!! Perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Tracie Pond said...

Fun colored pineapple.

Lindsey said...

Beautifully done! I wouldn't have wanted to cover up this pretty pineapple either. I love the idea of the second generation stamping. So glad you joined us for our Ink Only Challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Rosemary!! I really love the colors you used. Blue's and Green's are amazing together. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us at Where Creativity Meets C9.