"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, May 8, 2017

a mother's day card...

Hello!! Hope your week is off to a good start!  Mother's day is right around the corner and I needed a few more cards so over the weekend I made one using the current My Favorite Things sketch.  I always want to play along with the MFT sketch challenge, but never end up finding the time so I was determined to get something made this weekend.   The MFT Fancy Flowers set had been sitting on my counter for ages and so I used it along with some patterned papers from MFT to create my card. I stamped the flower using MFT's Bubblegum ink and then die cut it with the matching die.  The leaves were stamped with MFT's Sour Apple and then die cut as well.  The scalloped rectangle was die cut with a MFT Mini Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die.  The pink cardstock was die cut with an MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax die.  I used a large rectangle die from A Jillian Vance Design to die cut the green cardstock.  After layering the scalloped rectangle and pink strip I arranged and adhered the flower and leaves.  The sentiment (from A Jillian Vance Design) was stamped in watermark ink, heat set with white embossing powder and then die cut with a Fishtail Flag Stax die.   I adhered the banner with rolled up glue dots.  I'm also going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of a hint of pink.
Have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  My Favorite Things; Patterned paper:  My Favorite Things; Stamps:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  My Favorite Things, VersaMark; JudiKins white embossing powder; PTI vellum

5 comments:

Greta said...

What a unique look with stamping on printed paper--love it! A really beautiful card using that sketch, Rosemary! One of these days I'm going to get back to entering the MFT challenges!

Lin said...

Love your use of the patterned papers, Rosemary! This is a sweet design for Mother's Day - thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the fresh spring colors Rosemary! This is a delightful Mother's Day card!

Anita in France said...

Sweet, fresh and so pretty, Rosemary ... I never think of stamping on PP .. I should try it, this is just charming! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

So sweet! Love the idea of stamping on PP. Beautiful!