"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 8, 2017

another year wiser...

Hello!!  Hope your weekend is going well!  We had a crazy windstorm yesterday, but thankfully things have calmed down!  Made a card using the layout from Freshly Made Sketches.   I changed the layout a bit by using a regular A2 size card and rectangles instead of squares for the elements.  I have had the cute MFT Owl Yours stamp set for awhile and had not gotten around to using it.  I thought the little owls would be perfect for the FMS layout.  I stamped three of them using my MISTI on watercolor cardstock and then colored them with ZIGs.  I'm not real happy with how they turned out.  I definitely need to invest some money in a good set of watercolor brushes.  I know what I want.  I just have to put aside the money and get them.  Anyway, once they were colored and dry I die cut them with the matching dies.  The rectangles were die cut from woodgrain cardstock using the second smallest die from the  MFT Inside Out Stitched Rectangles die set.  I adhered the rectangles to the kraft cardstock base and then stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink.  I finished off the inside of the card as well with another the birthday sentiment and another one of the owls.  Since this is a birthday card I will also add it to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a birthday card.  I think I will be giving this one to my oldest brother for his birthday in a few months.

Wishing you a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft, Ranger woodgrain and watercolor; Stamps and dies:  My Favorite Things; Inks:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers

10 comments:

Greta said...

That's a neat sketch & what an adorable card, Rosemary! Love the colors you used for the owls!

Canonbury creations said...

Love your owls Rosie and the texture on your rectangles makes a perfect backdrop for them!
Val x

Lisa Elton said...

I think the color on your owls looks great and i like the woodgrain rectangles behind them! This is cute!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I love those owls! Great colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a FUN take on the sketch.
Your brother will love this card.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute (and a hoot)!

Linda Callahan said...

So cute! Love the owls! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Anita in France said...

So cute and colourful, Rosemary ... those owls are adorable ... love how one makes an appearance on the inside ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love your super cute little owls, Rosemary - I think they look great and your colouring is wonderful!!!!! What a sweet sentiment, too and I think this is a great card for a guy!!!! A fabulous take on the sketch!!!!
Hugz

debby4000 said...

Super cute Owl card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby