"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

sharing some tags

Hello!!  Stopping in with a couple of tags that I made for Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a feminine twist.  I am not a huge maker of tags, but all of the tags that have been showcased on the CLASSroom blog really inspired me to make a few. I made tags using ideas from days two and three.  Day two was all about sparkle and using glitter and Julia and Kay provided some amazing inspiration.  I was definitely inspired by Julia's gorgeous tag and I was going to use a die cut covered with glitter, but both of my tries turned out badly so I decided to switch to using glitter cardstock.  Hopefully that is okay.  I die cut the tag from some thin chipboard and then covered it with some paper die cut with the same tag.  A tag was die cut from silver cardstock and then the bottom half was die cut using a stitched border die from A Jillian Vance Design.  I edged the tag with some Brilliance light blue ink and then I adhered the silver glitter cardstock.  A snowflake (from AJVD) was die cut from blue glitter cardstock and adhered to the tag.  The sentiment (from A Jillian Vance Design) was stamped and then trimmed out.  Each piece was edged with silver ink and then adhered to the tag.  Finished things off with some silver tinsel trim.

The second tag is uses the day 3 technique to use foiling. The inspiration tags provided my Carissa and Joni are just gorgeous!  I took my inspiration for this tag from Joni's beautiful design.   I die cut the holly swirl from AJVD from sticky back fun foam, the backing removed and then gold foil applied.  I then die cut some small poinsettias (from AJVD) from red foiled cardstock.  The tag (from AJVD) was die cut from thin chipboard and then covered with some patterned paper die cut with the same tag die.  The foil covered holly swirl was adhered to the tag and then the little poinsettias added.  Finished with the sentiment (from AJVD) and some thin red ribbon and gold thread tied in a bow.  I really, really, really like how both tags turned out!  I'm also going to add these to Lori's Vision of Sugarplums challenge.  Lori is doing her annual Visions of Sugarplums showcase.  If you have checked it out, you really should.  She has lots of fun prizes and a long list of talented guests including my friend Greta!



Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Patterned paper:  Teresa Collins santa's list, Heidi Swapp red foil cardstock, MFT silver and blue glitter cardstock; Stamps:  A Jillian Vance Design; Die cuts: A Jillian Vance Design, Our Daily Bread Design; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black; silver tinsel trim, red ribbon, gold thread; Deco Art gold foil


10 comments:

Greta said...

I haven't even gotten to the EH posts yet, but I know I won't see anything I like more than these! Oh my goodness--these are amazing, Rosemary! I bought some things after Christmas last year to use with my foil & they aren't opened yet--aack! Love the printed paper backgrounds, the trims, the images--everything is perfect! Thanks for the shout-out, sweet friend!

Betty said...

two gorgeous tags Rosemary!! especially love the the first one with the music - might just have to cas that for my daughter!!

Karren said...

Such gorgeous tags, Rosemary! The musical background with the sparkly snowflake is beautiful and I just adore the dies you used on the poinsettia card. I'm not much of a tag-maker either - even though I love the look of them, but maybe I'll have a go!

Lisa Elton said...

The music, tinsel and sparkle on your first tag are so pretty! I adore your second tag. It's elegant and those little poinsettias are beautiful!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

These tags are so pretty! I love the snowflake with the musical notes! Great combination and very creative!
Happy Holidays!
Michele

SmilynStef said...

Love them both ... the musical background is perfect.

TK said...

Both beautiful, but that second one is a stunner! Love, love, love...

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary ... such fabulous miniature works of art! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous tags Rosi. I love the snowflake and the fibers.

Lori said...

Hi, Rosemary! Both tags are gorgeous - love the silver and blue combo and those poinsettias are fabulous. Thank you for joining the Winter/Christmas challenge at Choux Choux Paper Art!