"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 3, 2016

sending you sunshine...

Hey!!   Hope everyone in the US is enjoying the long weekend.  School starts for my boys on the 7th.  They aren't super excited, but I know they will be back in "school routine" in no time!!   Found some time on Friday afternoon to create a couple of cards and I'm sharing one today.   I used the current Freshly Made Sketches layout so I will be posting it there, as well as to the current Time Out challenge to be inspired by the following quote: "Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year".  Now... my tree doesn't have a lot of leaves so I guess I have been loving them until they fell off, lol!!  I'm also adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  I pulled out my MFT Sweet Forest Friends stamps and dies to create my little scene.  I used my ZIG markers to color up all the little images before die cutting them with the matching dies.  The sky and grass were also colored with ZIGs, left to dry and then die cut with AJVD Stitched Dot rectangles.  The green panel was then die cut down further with one of the dies from the AJVD Slippery Slopes and Stitched Clouds die set.  I stamped that piece with the sentiment and then layered everything up per the sketch.   Simple, but sweet I think!
Hope you have a wonderful day...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black; Watercolor medium:  ZIG clean color markers

8 comments:

Amy O said...

This is a sweet card and your watercoloring is beautiful. Always a pleasure to see one of your cards in the gallery at FMS, Rosemary!

Lin said...

They are very sweet! Love your background, too, Rosemary! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

Beautiful background with your Zigs & darling scene, Rosemary!

Joyce said...

Your card is just darling. Cute little tree and adorable critters. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Karren said...

Oh this is adorable and such a great take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty background, this is so sweet!!

Gerrina said...

A fun and sweet card! Like your sky and ground; just love it if they are self-made and they look great! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Anita in France said...

Tee hee, Rosemary ... love that you've been loving that sweet tree ... it's so cute with those darling little critters ... such an adorable scene! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)