"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 9, 2016

you made my day...

Hey friends!!!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!  On Thursday (July 7th) I got to see one of my most favorite people the super sweet and super talented Lisa Lara.   We usually meet somewhere for a walk and then lunch.   While we were having lunch Lisa put forth an idea that I thought would be a lot of fun.  Both of us would participate in the same challenge and then link our cards to each other's blog so you can see how we interpreted the challenge.  The challenge we chose to participate in this week is CASology.  The cue word at CASology is chevron so I really had to put on my thinking cap to come up with a good idea, but I was excited to give it a go.  When I got home I finished up a couple of other card ideas I had going (posted here) and then got to work on my card for the CASology challenge.  I used the color combo from ColourQ and so I will also be posting my card there.  I started by creating a chevron pattern on my white cardstock panel using a Memory Box stencil and SU!'s Marina Mist ink.  Then I layered on all the other images from the SU! set Timeless Textures using the rest of the colors from the ColourQ combo.  I finished by stamping the sentiment from the SU! set Best Day Ever in black and then die cutting my panel using an A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangle backdrop die.   I have included a close up of the chevron background because it is so light. 
 





Thanks for stopping by today... I would love to hear what you think of my card and please make sure to head over to Lisa's blog to check out her fabulous design!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white and SSS fog; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up! Real Red, Marina Mist and Island Indigo, Memento London Fog; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design

14 comments:

Viv said...

What pretty colours and stamping Rosie, another beautiful card here ;) Viv xx

Greta said...

Another example showing the beauty of collage stamping when done by an expert! I'm in awe, Rosemary! Glad you had fun with Lisa!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh you so did not disappoint, Rosi. In True Rosi fashion you whipped a beauty with your layering magic! WOW. Hugs. I am so happy to have you close by!

Jen Mitchell said...

This a fabulous design. I love how you've layered these images. This is grungy/CAS at its best! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

Lisa Elton said...

Hi there!! Trying desperately to catch up with everyone after vacation!! I took a run through your blog to see what I've missed and was WOWED as usual!! This card is another perfect example of your perfectly designed little collages and I LOVE the card with the three little vases. Pretty ColourQ card for last week's challenge too and the Paper Players Sunflower card is divine!! You've been a busy girl! A always, thank so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Unknown said...

Love that pop of red against those subtle blue/grey hues and sneaky chevron in the background! A fabulous combo of textures that add such interest too. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Rosemary, I'm so glad you have such a wonderful friend like Lisa! She's a sweetheart, and I wish I could join you both on walks and lunch. It's such fun to have a stamping friend, and I do have a sweetheart friend like that myself. I love how you've taken the CASology challenge and made a beautiful card. Love how you softly added your chevrons, and I love the beautiful layered stamping over it. Hugs!

Kara Lynne said...

I love your cluster of stamps together and especially the chevrons in the background! Wonderful card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the soft chevron anchoring the other stamped layers! Love seeing your creations in the CASology gallery and love that you and Lisa Lara challenged each other to play along this week!

Anita in France said...

You are just the best collage stamper, Rosemary ... this is fabulous ... the subtle chevrons add a lovely soft look to the other cool elements in your design! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Very fun idea for a challenge with a friend. I love your stamped collage, and especially how you still kept your card CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ and CASology this week.

Petra Swart said...

What a fun idea, Rosemary!!!! I had a quick look at Lisa's card and I'm going back there to have a look at more of her cards!!!!! I think you've introduced me to another blog I would like to follow - will be heading back there as soon as I have finished here!!!!
I've told you before that I love it when you do collage stamping and this is another card where you have done it so wonderfully!!!! Love the softness of the stamping and stencilling and how you have used the colours!!!! And, as always, your grey card base works perfectly and really have your white panel stand out beautifully!!!! This is such a great card, my friend!!! Love it!!!
Hugz

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, this is SO beautifully stamped & designed. Your collage-stamping always catches my eye. I love...love...this card! You are such an inspiration! YOU ROCK!

How fun to have a crafty friend close by.

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout-out at CQ, Rosemary!