"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

oh happy day...

Hey friends!!!  Popping in with a card I made for a couple of challenges, CAS on Sundays (a sketch) and Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge.  Don't you just love that saying... "oh happy day"?   It almost wasn't a happy day for me because the stamp set that this sentiment came from almost didn't make it to my house!  I had ordered a few things from Ellen Hutson last week and since she is just a few miles (well more than a few... maybe 30, lol) up the road from me I knew I would get it right away.  The package was due to arrive on Friday, but much to my surprise it wasn't in my mailbox even though the tracking said it was delivered to me!  So. Not. Happy!   Called the post office and let them know that I didn't get it.  I had a feeling it had been delivered to the wrong house and thankfully I was right when my nice neighbor (who got it instead of me) brought it down on Sunday afternoon.  YAY!   My order included the Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms stamp set, the matching dies and the Bold Blooms stand alone dies.

The second Essentials by Ellen challenge is a photo inspiration one.  I took my inspiration from the colors uses (black, gold and white), as well as the strips on the bench.  I die cut the scribble blooms and leaves from black and gold glitter cardstock.  The stripped paper is from the My Mind's Eye Mint Julip 6x6 pad. The sentiment was stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  Given that I have a ton of patterned paper you would think I could find a piece that had black and white strips on it, but not so!  I had to hunt around to find the piece that I used for my project!

Thanks for stopping by...

 

12 comments:

Betty said...

gorgeous Rosie!! love that new "julie" stamp and die - wonderful take on the photo and sketch

Canonbury creations said...

Very classy card Rosie, love the font on the sentiment!
Val x

Deepti said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration :) love that glittery die cut !

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Lisa Elton said...

Elegant card Rosemary, love the sparkle!

Nat said...

so elegant, love these colours and of course your fab style. awesome!!! :)

Chrissie said...

Looks fabulous Rosie!
Chrissie x

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, this is simply beautiful!
Fabulous take on the inspiration photo.

Greta said...

Oh for crying out loud, Rosemary--another stunningly beautiful creation!

Shelly said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

anja curvers said...

Yes this is so pretty those dies are on my wishlist. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.

Anita in France said...

So elegant and chic, Rosemary ... the gold shimmer is gorgeous! Annita :)