"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 10, 2014

snowflakes... in paris

Hello friends!!   Popping in with a card that I made last night for two challenges, but unfortunately I couldn't get a decent photo of it so I will only be able to post it to one as the other challenge closed this morning.   The color combo is from the soon to close Color Throwdown #317 and the layout is from the now closed Freshly Made Sketches. 

After seeing the fabulous card that November Color Throwdown guest designer Petra created that incorporated the Eiffel Tower I knew I wanted to do something similar.  If you haven't checked out Petra's blog you really should as she is a fabulous card designer!  I used several different stamp sets (three in fact) to make this card.  The Eiffel Tower image is from the SU! set Artistic Etchings, the Penny Black set, a wish for peace, and the Verve set Holiday Treats.  The light blue I used is a little too light I think. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; SU! Wisteria Wonder; Inks:  SU! Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky & Memento Tuxedo Black; Stamps:  Penny Black, Verve & Stampin Up!; Baker's Twine:  Stampin Up!; Crystal Stickles

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY!!! What a great idea to add the snowflakes and flourishes Rosemary this is just FABULOUS!

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Rosemary ... the graphic tower is fabulous with the soft, swirling flourishes and snowflakes ... and I think the light blue is perfect ... it adds to the light, airy feel of those snowflakes! Anita :)

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, this is breathtakingly gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

Christmas in Paris....wonderful!! Love the snowflakes with the Eiffel tower!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Greta said...

Wow! This is amazing, Rosemary! Love the colors, images, layout--everything!

Lisa Lara said...

Soooooooooooooooooooo beautiful and soft Rosi. Love it.

Shelly said...

So pretty!!!

Jodi Collins said...

AWESOME card! LOVE the layout and stamps you used! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, Rosemary, how honoured I feel that such a beautiful card was inspired by my card!!!!! I LOVE your card - that is such a lovely stamp of the Eiffel Tower and you have combined it so creatively with the other stamps!!!!! Everything about your card is just perfect - I love the sentiment stamp that goes so lovely with the other stamps and the bow at the top is just gorgeous!!!! Love the colour of your base, too!!! This deserves a great big WOW!!!! I really do like this one a LOT!!!
Thank you so much for your kind words on my cards and for the link to my blog - I really, really, really appreciate that!!!

Have a super day!!!

walchowDesign said...

Christmas at Eiffel Tower - how romantic!

Deepti said...

Wow such a fab design :) Love the soft snowflakes and flourish behind the Eiffel Tower

Nat said...

very elegant in the soft blues. love this one too! :)