"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

miracles happen...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with a card I made for the new color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  It is a fun combo of aqua, red and kraft... love anything with kraft.  I picked up my new Stampin Up! goodies from my demo this morning and had a play with them this afternoon.  Here is what I made:


I did some collage stamping using my current favorite Stampin Up! set, Kinda Eclectic and then layered on the three die cut feathers.  I added the little button/twine embellishment and the sentiment and I was done.  The main panel was die cut using my Avery Elle Dotted die.  I think I will pop this into the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge as that is anything goes!

Thanks for stopping by... and thank you to everyone who wished me well!  I felt so encouraged after reading your sweet comments!!  Started physical therapy and I'm happy to say that I am feeling a lot better!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Stampin Up: Crumb Cake; Inks:  Stampin Up! Coastal Cabana, Real Red and Crumb Cake; Memento Tuxedo Black; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Dies:  Stampin Up! (feathers) and Avery Elle; Button:  PTI; Twine:  The Twinery

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

First I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!! And second LOVE THIS CARD!!! This is one of my favorite color combos and it looks so pretty on the kraft panel!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you designed this card, Rosemary! This color combo is so pretty and I love how you stamped behind the feathers!

I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better, too!

Malika said...

Nice card

Malika

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card! Love the feathers! So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Lisa Lara said...

I love your cut out feathers on top of your stamped layers Rosi.

Nancy said...

Love the combination of elements. Something you do so well! Beautiful design!

Greta said...

So, so glad the PT is helping, Rosemary! You are on a roll with those stamps--fabulous collage stamping & I love how you used the colors! This is a winner!

Deepti said...

Wow these colors work so beautifully together :) such a pretty card !

Viv said...

So sorry to read you have been having a rough time Rosie ! I do hope things improve for you soon, sending you big gentle hugs ((((())))). Your card is amazing as always, just love the feathers, ( just got more myself). The layout and colour combo are fab too, infact it's all good lol ;) hugs Viv xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
I am still on Holiday, but had to comment on this gorgeous card...love love the palette; it is so striking.
The feathers are lovely.
And I am so happy to hear that you are on the mend, keep a smile on that pretty face my friend.
Smiles:)
Sue