"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, October 27, 2014

happy halloween...

Hello friends!  Getting in one last Halloween project before the big day.  This card is for the current AAA Card challenge:  CAS Halloween and used the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try layout.


My sweet friend, Lisa Lara, has been using washi tape in lots of fun ways lately and it got me thinking about my rather large *cough* stash of washi tape.  I have this fun roll that has a Halloween feel to it so I pulled it out for a play.  All the stamps are from Reverse Confetti (Spookie Cuties & Spooky Sentiments).  The dies are Spellbinders plain circles and the large panel die from the Avery Elle Dotted dies set.  I used a couple of strips of the washi tape to create the bottom panel and then used cardstock for the rest of pieces.   I added some black Wink of Stella to the fence, but you can't see the sparkle in the photo.  I a little bummed because when I cut my white panel the cardstock got warped making the panel look wonky! Hmm... now I'm thinking I should have used yellow cardstock instead of white cardstock... oh well.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI white, soft stone and black, SU! pumpkin pie; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Avery Elle & Spellbinders; Ink: Memento Grape Jelly, Tangelo & Tuxedo Black

13 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Spookylicious Rosie love the fence!
Val x

Nancy said...

Too cute! The tape works just perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

I LIKE your purple polka dot bat, super cute card Rosemary!

Judy1223 said...

LOVE that washi tape...it is perfect for a Halloween card! This is such a sweet Halloween card, love the bat and the pumpkin!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, what a great Halloween card, Rosemary!!! I love that washi you have used so creatively and the spiderwebs on the orange looks great!!! Love the bat - so cute and clever to do it in purple!! The pumpkin and fence are such fun!!!! Love your super card!!
Have a great day!!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. I love love love this card. I just love that colorful washi tape. It is so happy. I just love all the luscious layers and how you coordinated all the supplies and details beautifully. I have been definitely loving washi tape lately. Thank you for the shout out gf. Hugs.

Shelly said...

Such a fun and cute card!

craftieodmae said...

I love this Halloween card, the outside border (punched holles) is yummy too!!

Deepti said...

What a perfect Halloween card. Love the balance of colors, patterns and die cuts :)

Linda Beeson said...

What a sweet little combination. So glad you were able to play along at AAA Cards

Greta said...

Love that Washi & such a cute fence! Adorable card, Rosemary!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really cute card, Rosemary! I love all the elements you chose for this card and how you layered everything...Fabulous!!!

Julia said...

Sweet card. Great layout and take on the sketch and challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with AAA.