"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, September 21, 2014

wishing you well...

Hello... wow... three posts in three days!!  Had another crafty afternoon and got two more cards made.  One I will be sharing later in the week and the other I'm sharing right now.  This one is another card for this month's Reverse Confetti color challenge, as well as Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  Tag It and CAS(E) this Sketch.


For this little card I used the RC stamp set Petals 'n Posies and the matching dies, as well as the small tag from the RC Tag Me die set.  I stamped the two little flowers using pink and yellow inks, layered them and then added a grey sequin to the center.  The little star shape was stamped using grey, pink and yellow inks and then clear sequins added.  Layered up the tag, the sentiment strip and the flower, added the twine bow and I was done.  Initially I was going to use a white card base, but decided to put the piece on a grey card base and I just love how it made the pale colors pop.  Followed the CTS layout to a "T", but that's okay... I really liked the sketch the way it was and didn't want to change a thing!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Smoky Slate; Stamps & Dies:  Reverse Confetti; Inks:  Stampin Up! Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette; Baker's Twine:  Impress & The Twinery; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson & Pretty Pink Posh

17 comments:

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS!! I love your color combo and the way you tugged in the tag is awesome! The placement of sequins is perfect, Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Tag It Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love how your cards are always so well thought out with perfect placement and beautiful color combinations! Great job making it work for all three challenges, too...Love it!

Lisa Lara said...

This is such a soft sweet card Rosi. I love the sequins on the flowers.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, love the bow~~

Nat said...

such a light and airy design, totally wonderful!! :)

Kathy said...

Yes, adorable, all the embellishments are the right tiny touches. Such a nice card to receive.

Deepti said...

This is awesome :) love those subtle colors and tag !

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous layering & great take on the sketch!

Greta said...

Love, love, love this card, Rosemary! Didn't think it was possible, but I'm sure you're getting better & better! Love your style, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so sweet!!

Anita in France said...

Soooo pretty, Rosemary ... such delicious colours and perfectly placed bling! Gorgeous! Anita :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary, so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Yes it is difficult to keep up with your makes,I had to go back and see what I had missed....The cards are just gorgeous, you are very consistent....Do you ever have a creative block??? All the time I have known you I cannot recall one, it is quite depressing.
Great work my friend.
Smiles:)
Sue

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and sweet. Love the sketch, the way you used the colors, the cute little flowers... great design.

Lesley said...

Such a fun card! Love this, Rosie! The colours are playful and so is the way you interpreted the design!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Rosie! Love the color combo and how elegant it looks against the gray!