"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, July 11, 2014

you inspire me...

Hello there!!  Wow... seems like I haven't posted anything in ages, but it has only been since Monday, lol!   (I don't really count the post on Wednesday since it was a just a peek.)  I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and wasn't inspired to make anything until I made this card, ha!  I'm linking it up to Colour Me...!, CAS(E) this Sketch and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
Recently got my hands on the wildly popular Altenew sets Painted Flowers and Label Love.  I used both sets for my card.  Making the flowers is a bit of a learning curve, but after making this card and another that I posted on Splitcoaststampers earlier this week I think I have it all figured out, lol!  I used VersaMagic Eggplant and Stampin Up! Soft Sky for the flowers and leaves.  I inked up the main body of the flower with the Eggplant ink, stamped it off on scrap paper and then stamped it on my cardstock.  The "definition" image was stamped using the Eggplant ink at full strength.  The line image was added using black ink.  Once all the flowers were stamped I added the leaves.  Added the sentiment strip and some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (my clear item for the SSS Wed. challenge).

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Altenew; Inks:  Stampin Up! Soft Sky, VersaMagic Eggplant; Memento Tuxedo Black; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins

22 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, This is fabulous, I love the design but your choice of colours is gorgeous :D x

walchowDesign said...

Lovely lovely card with the eggplant and soft sky combination, Rosemary! Aww.... that label love is on my wishlist for a while now!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love those pretty flowers! Fabulous card!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Susan Powell said...

beautiful!!!

Viv said...

Oh this is so pretty Rosie,I love your stamping and the fab colours you chose too.You certainly inspire me :) Viv xx

Sarah G said...

Fabulous stamping and lovely design - I haven't inked these stamps up yet but you have inspired me :)

Lesley said...

Gorgeous! Love the muted hues! Thanks for joining us at CASE this Sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Rosemary, you nailed the colors AND the sketch! Pretty flowers too!!

Shelly said...

So sweet!!!

Cindy C. said...

Very lovely flowers!!

Greta said...

Wow! Your stamping is incredible, Rosemary! What a wonderful card!

Karen M said...

Beautiful card, rosemary, simple and very effective! x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch! It's perfect!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love the color combo, and your design is so perfect for the sketch!

Unknown said...

So pretty, Rosemary! Love how you shared the process of making the card, I always forget how useful 2nd generation stamping can be. And I'm totally jealous you got your hands on those two stamp sets, I've wanted them for ages :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team

anja curvers said...

Wow I'm totally in love with these stamps. Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining at colour me card challenge.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful, love these colours and gorgeous floral images!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... you've made that colour combo really sing! Anita :)

Sherrie M. said...

Wow Rosemary! Gorgeous stamping of these beautiful flowers. Gonna have to check out this set. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me this week and hope to see you again soon!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - I can see why those flowers are popular! This is absolutely beautiful! I love the 'label'. So great to see you this week at Colour Me...! :)

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful florals and such a warm and inviting card!!

Greta said...

Congrats on the CM shout out!