"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 21, 2013

a quick post...

Hello friends!!  A quick post today to let you know about a couple of things.  First I have a card that I made using some of my left over scraps up over at the CardMaker blog today.  You can check it out here.

Second Penny Black is playing along with Designed to Color and I made the following card (you can also see it on the Penny Black blog, here):


To make the card I started by stamping and coloring the PB Amaryllis image using Copic markers.  The flower image was stamped again, colored with Copics and then trimmed out.  After all the coloring was done I over stamped the image with the Penny Black background stamp Christmas Story using Pumice Stone and then adhered the flower with foam dimensionals.  The image was then inked with Old Paper distress ink.  After mounting the piece on the card front a small tag was stamped with the word "Noel" (from the clear set "in a pear tree"), inked with Old Paper, adhered to the image and a red twine bow was added.   If you want to play along with the Designed to Color challenge click here.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  Penny Black, Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Pumice Stone & Old Paper; Twine:  May Arts red; Tag die:  PTI tiny tags; Copic Markers

11 comments:

Barb said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Rosie! Your coloring is amazing!

Greta said...

Love how you colored this, Rosemary--wow! The background is great & I love the noel tag--terrific card! Will check out CMB, too.

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!! I love a Christmas Amaryllis!

Lin said...

Love it, Rosemary - you made me want to get out this stamp and play with it. And that background - had never noticed it before - I sure have noticed it now!

judkajudi said...

Love the twine bow .. it is the perfect finishing touch!! Gorgeous card, Rosemary.

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Rosie girl...This is soooo pretty, I love hoe you popped that flower!!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderfully pretty card, Rosemary ... the shading is so awesome, I can almost touch it! Simply gorgeous! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love the dimension of the flower and your beautiful design! Your card over at the Cardmaker blog is also stunning!

Martha said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS card, Rosemary! I love the beautifully colored amaryllis against the lovely background! Well done!

My dear FIL (now passed) used to send us a beautiful red amaryllis every Christmas. It was SO fun to watch it grow from it's beginning stage. What amazing beauty it was, just like yours on your beautiful card.

Darnell said...

Rosemary, this looks SO real! Outstanding!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Love how you gave that gorgeous flower so much dimension!