"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 18, 2013

live in the moment...

Hello friends.... its summer time and the cardmaking is sporadic, lol!!  Lately I have not really been in the mood to make anything which is really unusual for me.  I tried making something the other day and just had to give up.  So with the arrival today of lots of brand new Hero Arts stamps via FedEx I thought I would try making something and came up with this card for the current Colour Q challenge:

 

Stamps are from the following Hero Arts sets:  My Notebook and All the Time.  I decided to keep it simple and just use this sort of brushstroke image from the set and stamp it using all the ColourQ colors.  I subbed in Memento's Rhubarb Stalk, Hero Arts Soft Pool and PTI's Simply Chartreuse for the Bermuda Bay, Raspberry Ripple and Lucky Limeade colors.  Soft Pool is a little bluer than Bermuda Bay, but I think it does the job fairly well.  The sentiment was stamped using black ink and I added a few rhinestones to finish things off.  Not super creative, but I like it just the same.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Inks:  PTI, Hero Arts and Memento; Rhinestones:  Stampin Up!

11 comments:

Barb said...

I've been feeling the same way lately, Rosie! Nothin' like new stamps to spark some creativity! Love your card - fab use of that brushstroke image and such pretty colors!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely CAS card, Rosemary, and your colors are a perfect match, I love that! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Love this stamp, and how you have worked it to make it attractive to the eye. Your colour palette as always is fabulous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Penny Ward said...

Your card is Gorgeous Rosemary! I love that stamp set you used...

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary this is fantastic, love that stamp. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

craftieodmae said...

how cool, I love it!

Deepti said...

I am so happy that the stamps arrived and you created this wonderful card for me to admire :) keep creating , I love your cards :)

Darnell said...

Striking, Rosemary! Poignant and perfect for the CQC!!

Nat said...

hi Rosemary, hope you are doing well. looks like your creativity is back. I totally love how you used these new HA stamps. awesome card!!! :) sending you smiles :) !!!

jintyoo7 said...

Love it - great use of the colours :)

Michelle said...

Very cool! Love these brush strokes! Going to check out the stamp!