"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 6, 2012

i love you...

Hello friends!  Popping in with a card for a couple of challenges.  One is an old favorite (ColourQ) and one is a brand new challenge that I discovered through the blog of ColourQ design team member, LeAnne, called Fab Friday.  Their first challenge is going on right now and it is a super clean and simple sketch ... right up my alley!

 

I pulled out some favorite Stampin Up! sets, Bliss and Artistic Etchings, and did a little bit of collage stamping using Soft Sky, So Saffron and Calypso Coral.   Because I wasn't completely sure how a comibination of the colors would turn out I did a test run to make sure I liked the look.   I wanted to use some pretty Venise lace I got from the Funkie Junkie on the card.  Since it is pure white I was able to color it with a Copic marker to get a color as close to Soft Sky as I could.  I used my well loved and well used My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax dies to cut the little banner.  I'm so excited because MFT is coming out with a jumbo set of Fishtail Flags!  I will definitely be getting a set as soon as I can!  The sentiment I used is from the Hero Arts set Year Round Sentiments.  I tried to keep the card as "unlumpy" as possible since it is going into my box(es) of cards I will be sending to Operation Write Home.  A button and some My Mind's Eye bakers twine that is a dead ringer for Calypso Coral finished things off.  Overall I like the card, but I think I should have used some brown ribbon instead of the piece of cardstock... another live and learn experience!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & brown; Stamps:  Stampin Up! & Hero Arts; Inks:  Stamping Up!; Dies:  My Favorite Things; Twine:  My Mind's Eye; Button:  PTI; Lace:  Funkie Junkie

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosemary and great use of this weeks colours. I really love the stamps you used. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Karen M said...

Your card is gorgeous - I love your design - Hugs x x

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary, love the design and all your beautiful stamping! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ and sharing your card.

Lisa Lara said...

Love how you used those colors Rosi and love the lace!

craftieodmae said...

OMS! This is gorgeous!!!! Love the lace!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I am captivated by the three stamped images and the colors! The combination is positively gorgeous!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great collage! The lace trim really adds a nice touch too! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

Very pretty! I love your clean design and the lace is the perfect accent for a card with a Parisian theme. Thanks for playing along at Fab Friday!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is a real BEAUTY! I love how you used the colors and the pretty lace!

Greta said...

I cannot do collage so really appreciate seeing it done well, like this beauty!

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Rosie!

Pam Steckman said...

Very pretty card! Love the combo of colors and images! :) Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday.

Michelle said...

Oooh la la! I love it, Rosemary!

Kara said...

Love how you layered your images!!Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I'm sooo happy you found us! This is gorgeous! Love all the white space, the colors are gorgeous and you layered the images perfectly! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!