"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 9, 2012

ODBDSLC111 - Something Old, Something New...

Something borrowed, something blue!   Hello, friends!!  Its Saturday and that means time for a new Shining the Light challenge.  June is the wedding month and so the challenge this week is to use something old, something new, something borrowed or gifted and something blue!  I must admit I had a bit of a time fitting all of those elements into my card... hee!  But, I managed to get'er done!

My something old on my card is all the distressing I did to make the card appear old and worn.  This included using Ranger's Old Paper Distress Ink and my trusty distressing tool!  My something new is the newly released ODBD set Bicycle and I covered the something borrowed or gift and something blue all in the same element... the little blue roses sitting in the basket.  Those were a gift from my super sweet teamie, Sabrina.  I stamped the bicycle image and the sentiment using Memento Rich Cocoa and then the image was colored with Copic markers.  Then I got to work inking and distressing all the edges of the cardstock and papers (My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart... love those papers!!), adding some well place rips and tears.  Once I was done with that I added the little roses and the twine bow.  I absolutely love how the card turned out!

As with all ODBD challenges we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, June 15th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced  next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries that are made without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on nor will they qualify for prizes. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, June 15th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC111. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


Thanks for stopping by....  please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" LoriJan MarieJanDebiKathy,and Chris To join in the fun, please click here.


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI and Stampin Up!; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  ODBD; Ink Memento & Ranger; Roses:  Unknown; Twine:  Funkie Junkie



13 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun card Rosemary!! I just love your choice of dp with the bike in the background, your colors, and the flowers in the basket. Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Viv said...

Absolutely ADORE this! Gorgeous colours and a beautiful card. x

Barb said...

Wow, Rosie! This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the pretty colors, and your added flowers in the bike basket make this card even more special! Fabulous work!

Kathy said...

Such a fun, cheery card! I love it! Perfect DP choice and distressing! Blessings! Kathy

Sarah said...

Gorgeous colours and a beautiful card!

Sarah x

Cards By Jan said...

Oh I love this bicycle set.and you sure did it up pretty, love the blues, and those pretty flowers to match...Awesome!!
Hugs

Saints Rule! said...

Love, love, love this set! So much so I used it too this week!
:-) Love those soft blue tones and all the distressing! It just jumps off the screen! Beautiful job!

Greta said...

I love it, too, Rosemary! The colors, pp, design--everything is just right!

Jan Marie said...

How fun is this!?! A basket full of ROSIES!! What else should we expect Rosigrl? Love the bright blues and the distressed edges AND that fun background DP. Masterful!!! Hugs and blessings!

Grace said...

Beautiful design Rosemary! LOVE how you colored the image and the dp choice is perfect! Yummy card!

Michelle said...

oh, this is so lovely! love the blue bike and flowers!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love all those flowers adorning the bike handles!

Elise said...

*THUNK!* THIS is absolutely POPPING right off the page and completely into my list of top 10 ROSIE faves! Sooooooo wonderful! Love, love, LOVE it, friend!