"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, April 1, 2012

LIM - Lucky Dip

Hey there!!   I have my card for this week's Less is More challenge.  Since there were five Saturdays in March, the last challenge for the month is what they refer to in the UK as a "lucky dip" which is basically the same thing as a "wild card" here is the US.   For our lucky dip Chrissie and Mandi provided a lovely inspiration photo with accompanying color swatches.  And since I'm a stickler for all colors being represented I had to make sure that I worked all the colors into my card.    I also decided to incorporate the new sketch from Retro Sketches into my card.   The stamps used are from the SU! set Every Moment.  Love those sweet line drawn images.  The daisy image was perfect for the challenge.    I colored the image with some Copic markers and then trimmed it out.   Not a ton of white space on this one, but still pretty clean and simple, I think.




Thanks for stopping by... hope your weekend is going well!  :)

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! light pink; PP:  SU!; Copic Markers; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Pear Pizzazz; Buttons:  PTI; 

27 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Rosemary very original sketch design and beautiful card, the sentiment is wonderful, great job Rosemary, as always:D
An spring hug from Palma and have a nice week

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary. Love love love it. TFS

Vicky Hayes said...

I agree Rosemary - that flower is perfect for the challenge and beautifully coloured!

Viv said...

Another great card again Rosie, just love that daisy too ! :) Viv xx

Canonbury creations said...

Love the sketch you've used Rosie and the finished card is perfect!
Val x

Christine said...

Perfect! A CAS-card with a great vieuw! I like it Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Scrumplescrunch said...

What an unusual Sketch, especially for a LIM Challenge!
I like how you have interpreted the design and your little buttons popping up from the Bg actually put a smile on my face, was it meant to do that? I see humour in many things, now I am asking myself if that is weird.
Smiles:)

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous as ever Rosie and I love how the buttons are peeking out from behind!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Rosemary I think your card is still so clean and simple! The buttons tucked under the layers is an idea I have to use too :0) love the little daisy, just perfect for the challenge :0)
Jenny x

Brenda said...

Fantastic card Rosemary! You captured that sketch perfectly! I have been staring at that sketch myself and trying to figure out what to use to represent those circles! Maybe it will come to me, maybe it won't...I won't stress about it too much! Hope you had an awesome weekend!

Lisa said...

Wow, great idea.
I love it.
Lisa

Jackie Rockwell said...

I love your clean and simple approach to the sketch Rosemary! The buttons look great and the flower really stand out beautifully! So glad you joined us this week at RetroSketches!

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, fabulous layering and I love the buttons. xx

Sientje said...

Your card is simply beautiful. Love your flower stamp.

Elizabeth Allan said...

A true visual delight!

Elise said...

THIS is super elegant, but once again - your DETAIL work is making me DROOL, Rosebud - yeowZA! I'm always delighted by how beautifully you let the raw materials talk - THIS is a stunner!

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, Fabulous card, I love your gerbera and the colouring here is fab, Gay xxx

Victoria said...

Beautiful colouring and lovely use of the inspiration colours.

Lynne said...

Your card is fabulous as always Rosemary. I would never have thought to use a sketch like that for LiM but your works wonderfully.
Lynne xxx

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Rosemary! I love the deep layers and the buttons playing peekaboo! :)
Lizy x

kingstonmama said...

This is fabulous. I think that would be a hard sketch to work with, but your design looks effortless. I like the buttons tucked under the corners. Ann Y.

Greta said...

Love those colors & you worked them in perfectly! I wouldn't have known where to start with that sketch & your take is wonderful! Great card, Rosemary!

Kathyk said...

A lovely and very elegant card

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Good to know what you refer to Lucky Dip as Rosie
Terrific card
I almost used a similar stamp
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card! What a cheerful flower too!

Michelle said...

love what you made with this sketch...the buttons are wonderful!

Julie said...

Crisp and beautiful. Love it!