"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 14, 2012

For the Birds....

Hey there!!   Here with my second post for the day and this time I have two cards!  The challenge this week at Less is More is one layer and we are to use a bird image on our card.   I was so hoping that this week was a one layer LIM challenge as I hoping to combine the LIM challenge with this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge to use pink and red.  I don't have a ton of stamp sets with birds in them, but a couple did come to mind when I saw the LIM challenge.



For the first card I got out my PTI Iconic Images and stamped the bird in Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler and the sentiment in Stampin Up! Melon Mambo (a really nice dark pink).   I added a few rhinestones and I was done... love all that white space!!




For the second card I used a really fun Stampin Up! set I got last year called Valentine Defined.  When I saw the set I had to get it because one of the images is a cute pair of flamingos and I like flamingos.  Anywhoo... this card is a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square card.  I stamped the image and sentiment in Melon Mambo and then added the little red rhinestone heart.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & rustic cream; Stamps:  PTI & Stampin Up! Ink:  Stampin Up!; rhinestones: Hero Arts

38 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Super cards Rosemary, love the bird stamp in the first one. xx

Chrissie said...

Two really fab card Rosemary... the first is my fave!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Two more stunning creations Rosie. You really have got CAS down to a T.
Lynne xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
.. love all that white space!!
You should use this statement as the Maim Title of your Blog!
Wonderful cards, the first one especially, I thought I would TRY again this week, and partake in this labour of 'Love'(not).
I am determined to conquer this genre or die in the process!!!!!!!
Good Luck in the Challenges Rosie.
Smiles:)

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, not just one but TWO fabulous cards! Love them BOTH!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous cards...... My fave is the 1st.
Hugs
Sylvie
Xx

Barb said...

I love both cards too, Rosie! You are so good at these CAS designs!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!

Stamp with Angela said...

Two wonderful cards.

kingstonmama said...

Fabulous cards, Rosemary. Love the first one especially, and the flamingos are so cute on the second. Ann

Kathyk said...

Love both but your pink flamingo's are triffik!

Kathyk

cathi139 said...

Two fab cards
very pretty
Cathi

Marlena M. said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Rosemary. ;)

SewSuzySew said...

Both Cards are great but I love the second one best!

Carol said...

Two great cards, love your colours. Carol x

Canonbury creations said...

2 beautiful cards Rosie, love the flamingos!
Val x

Linby said...

Great cards. The first one is my fav.Love the touch of bling too.
Linbyx

Camilla said...

wow - number 2 is my favorit!
Super cute.

Greta said...

You are the queen of CAS, my friend! Great cards!

Mandi said...

Fabulous Rosemary, LOVE the flamingos
Many thanks
mandi
"Less is More"

Michelle said...

totally fun CAS!

Michelle said...

...sorry, love the bird card also!!!

Gillian R said...

Two great cards. Love the flamingos

Brenda said...

Ooh! I love these CAS cards Rosemary, especially that first one, that bird is exquisite!

Deborah Frings said...

Rosemary - you've rocked both challenges. I particularly like the flamingo one - just lovely!

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary, both shining examples of brilliant CAS stamping, love them, Gay xxx

Carol said...

Both are really fabulous cards, Rosemary! Love the bird in the first one!

Bonnie said...

I love both of these! Great job on both challenges!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your one layer cards are superb Rosemary! I love both these.

Donelda said...

both are awesome!

Pauline said...

Lovely cards. I especially like the birds. You did a great job.
Pauline

Aileen said...

Two lovely cards. I really like your first. x

Lisa Lara said...

I just love how you use bling Rosi!

Susan Raihala said...

Both of these are fab! The first places the bling perfectly, and the second uses that little heart perfectly.

AmethystCat said...

cute cards and fun use of bling in the second. super cute!

Viv said...

Brilliant cards Rosie, well done :O) Viv xx

Susan said...

Rosemary, you've got two great cards here...but I think my favorite might be the first one, of course, the flamingos are pretty cool too!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous cards, love the flamingoes!