"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gerbera Daisies

Hello!  A quick post with a card for two challenge.  The current Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge (that closes in just a few hours, yikes!!) and the new Paper Players challenge.   The Timeless Tuesday challenge is an inspiration challenge and they used a photo of a beautiful topiary that is made up of handmade flowers int bright spring colors.  For my card I decided to pull out pink, yellow and green (sorry I don't have the inspiration photo!).   I used the Flourishes set Gerbera Daisies and colored the image with the following Copic markers:  RV21, RV04, R83, Y13, Y15, Y11, YG23 & YG03.   The image was diecut with Spellbinders large plain and scalloped circle dies.   The layout of the card comes from the sketch provided in this week's Paper Players challenge. 



Thanks for taking a peek...

19 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous Gerberas, Rosie! I love that Flourishes stamp!

G Peplow said...

A very pretty card Rosemary, love pink and green together:0) xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY!!~

Benzi said...

Whew! I know what you mean about cutting those challenges close. But, your card is so, so pretty.
Those Gerbera Daisies are gorgeous and colored perfectly. Love it!!

Christine said...

Nice card! Good luck with it in the challenge!
Hugs
Christine

craftieodmae said...

wow, I love this, those flowers are awesome!!!! Oh yeah,the butterfly too!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

A very beautiful card Rosie, I like the flowers and the way you have coloured them, but it is the butterflys that are the best,;so cute.
Smiles:)

Jennipher said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely job coloring.

Tiffany Ervin said...

WOW! I enlarged the pic so I could see how much wonderful dimension you achieved on the flowers! The coloring is perfect!

Saints Rule! said...

Very pretty!

Nance Leedy said...

Love those gerbera daisies--they are perfect for our sketch and the colors are so fresh and summery! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! What a beautiful floral image you've used here. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love the popped up butterfly to finish it all off, too. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week.

None None said...

stunning! I love gerbera daisies and this is fantastic with the butterflies dancing nearby. Just lovely.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rosemary....I just have to say WOW! Gerbera Dasies are my favorite flowers because they are so bright and cheerful and that is exactly what your card is! Your shading on the flowers is stunning and I love the tiny pearl accents on the butterflies. Absolutely gorgeous, in every way! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

Brenda said...

Yum! You are doing some great work with colours Rosemary (I am working my way backwards in your blog trying to catch up!)! I totally love these pinks and yellows! What a super card!

Heidi said...

So pretty! The daisies are stunning and I'm loving the green polka-dots.

Elise said...

THIS does ALL kinds of magic for me, sweet friend! I'm reminded of a centerpiece my mom had on our kitchen table FOR YEARS! I love this soooooo much! From your coloring ... to the magical 3D effects - real and created by this fabby composition: WONDERFUL!

Michelle said...

Oh so pretty and vibrant!! Beautiful daisies!!