"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Etsy Inspired + Color Throwdown

Hi, again!  Second post today with a card for the new Etsy Inspired challenge, as well as Color Throwdown.  I haven't done a Color Throwdown challenge in a long time, but when I saw the colors I had just had to take it on.   I just loved the boldness of the red, yellow, black and cream combo... The inspiration piece I chose from the Etsy inspiration store EX Baggage Co. is  the perfect fit for the Color Throwdown colors.  Stamps used are from the Taylored Expression Discover Your Wings set.     Papers are from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop line.  The layout is based on a sketch from Taylored Expressions (TESC135).



I think this card must be the fourth one I have done this week that involves a color challenge!  Not entirely sure why, but I'm lovin' color challenges right now.   Whatever the reason I'm sure having a lot of fun and my mojo seems to be running in high gear! 

Thanks for taking a peek...  go get your color on!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy & True Black; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Ink:  PTI True Black & Pure Poppy, SU! So Saffron; PP:  October Afternoon; Ribbon:  PTI Vintage Cream double stitched; Sizzix tag; Ranger Old Page Distress Ink; little safety pin

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hey there, Rosie! :> Lovin' seeing butterflies flittin' & floatin' along a card. Screams springtime to me. Glad you're having so much fun rockin' the color challenges! :>

Angelica Turner said...

Beautiful card, love the butterflies and the layering of all the different patterned papers.

Brenda said...

Beautifully done Rosemary! And I love how you doubled up on the butterflies, superb design!

Barb said...

What pretty paper! Love the layout of this gorgeous card and those butterflies are very pretty! Nicely done, Rosie! :)

Elise said...

STOP! In the name of loooooooovvvvvvveeeee! {I'm in LOVE! I really AM!} THIS is exquisite! Way to throw it DOWN, girly girl! Your use of these colors has me positively FLOATING on a cloud of color inspiration, crafty inspo & JOY! Yee Haw!

Jacquel said...

This is sooo pretty! Love your card & the layout...awesome work & thanks for joining us at Etsy this week!!!