"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, December 17, 2010

Its Friday!!

And while I'm still battling this head cold, I'm glad its the weekend and the start of Christmas break for my kids...!  Yipeee!! 



My little card today is for One Layer Wednesday (to be inspired by home decor) and Stampin' Sisters in Christ (to encourage or cheer up someone).  I have had this lamp stamp (say that three times fast!) from Hero Arts and had never inked it up.   So I got it out and used it for my card.  I stamped the image on PTI' Fine Linen (a new favorite neutral cs) with True Black ink.  I then stamped the lamp image on some Websters Pages Hollywood Vogue pp and trimmed out the shade and the lamp base and adhered them to the lamp.  The sentiment is from PTI's On My Couch.

Thanks for taking a peek... have a great weekend!

Supplies:  CS:  PTI Fine Linen; PP:  Websters Pages; Stamps:  Hero Arts lamp; PTI On My Couch; Ink:  PTI True Black

16 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful CAS card, Rosemary! Love the soft colours and pretty lamp. The sentiment goes perfectly with it! I hope you're feeling better soon:) We have to wait till noon on Thursday for school hols - not that I'm counting down the hours or anything, lol!

Deborah Frings said...

Really lovely card - love the sentiment!

Nat said...

perfect sentiment for this lamp stamp! Your one layer cards amazing, I just love seeing them! Hope your feeling better (Happy Friday! ) :)

HappyCrafter said...

What a sweet CAS card! I'm glad you are on the mend. Enjoy the time with your kids!!

Velta said...

Rosemary...What a perfect card...I love the thought behind the image...you are obviously a very thoughtful person. Merry Christmas to you and your family...I wish you a Blessed time!

Becky said...

This is so lovely. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Elise said...

Hellloooooo to you, my sweetie pie! This card is EXCELLENT!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been tapped by the cold monster! Yuck! {So NOT fair!} But your creative spirit seems undaunted! This card ROCKS! Can't wait to catch up with your beauties the past few days: I've been paying the price for all the PAINTING I've been doing! Ack! Christmas? Wha??????? hee hee

Susan Raihala said...

WOOHOO! Too perfect, Rosemary. Wonderful piecing with the shade...subtle but there, KWIM? And so glad you finally inked up thsi stamp!

Carol said...

Really pretty card...love the paper piecing! Lovin' all these lamp stamps...so much fun!

Susan said...

Absolutely precious!!! Love that stamp!

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous CAS card, Rosemary!

Patti J said...

Love this card, Rosemary! You do CAS beautifully! Great job on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - I always look forward to your great cards!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Rosemary - what a gorgeous CAS card - I love that lamp!! Your sentiment is perfect - Love it! Thank you for playing along with this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we appreciate your support and love to see what you have been creating! Merry Christmas and Happy, Happy New Year to your and your family!
{{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Diana said...

So simple, so perfect. Miss you friend! All new cards on my blog. Happy Holidays!

Kati said...

The words fits perfect to your card - love it.

PetraB said...

A wonderful card, love the paper piecing.