"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Squeakin' In, Again......

With my card for ODBD's Shining the Light challenge.  I seem to be getting later and later at getting my card posted.   Going to have to work on getting it done sooner in the week!  Anywho... this week's challenge was a sketch challenge.  I think what took me so long was trying to figure out what I was going to do with the sketch.  It finally hit me last night after I took a look at some of my 6x6 Cosmo Cricket pads.  I finally settled on the yummy Material Girl papers and the super fun ric rac die from PTI.  They came out with a new larger ric rac die this month and I so want it (along with the new ticket die!)!!  On my wish list it goes.   Back to my card, I also took a step outside my box with the color combo, but I really love how the card turned out.  I used the ODBD set Grow in Grace, one of my favorite ODBD sets.


Thanks for taking a peek.  Hope you have a lovely day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI - White, Pure Poppy & Lemon Tart; PP:  Cosmo Cricket Material Girl; Ink:  SU! Real Red; Stamps:  ODBD - Grow in Grace; PTI Ric Rac die; Kaiser Craft pearls; Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Large Scallop circle dies

6 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

I looked at the sketch and was flummoxed as to what I would do with it. Love your take on it Rosemary! Gorgeous mix of colours and patterns. The paper ric rac strips look lovely. Great sentiment too!

Unknown said...

Rose,
This is so pretty!! I love those colors and ric rac! Wonderful card.

Thank you for leaving your comment about the Dirty Dozen in my blog. It means me a lot!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Rosemary!! I love the colors and the ric rac with the beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!

Elise said...

What a perfectly BEAUTIFUL sentiment, to accents such a skillfully assembled card! I'm amazing and delighted, as per usual, FRIEND! This seems like the MOST perfect composition to celebrate such important words. I love your work! Great paper choices and that ric rac die - oh, heavens! ME likey!

Leanne Lloyd said...

LOVE this card RB! Might have to have you make me one :-)

Kelley said...

Cute papers and ribbon!!! Thanks for playing with ODBD!!!